- Research product changes to determine the scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Write new documentation based on product requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product.
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users.
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation.
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure the consistency of language and style.
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics.
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings.
Experience and Skills:
- Attention to detail, excellent English skills, proofreading/editing skills, writing skills, and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Technical aptitude and experience: ability to quickly learn how to use products, enthusiasm for technology.
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology.
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Familiar with software programs, Web applications, and hosted applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, desktop publishing, and graphics software.
- Experience with screen capture software
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles.
- Knowledge of scripting/code preferred.
Job Category: Technical Writer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dayton OH